I am fortunate to spend most of my time involved with subjects that I am fascinated about – Sport, Psychology, Inclusion and Stoicism.
I serve both as a Coach Developer and Sport & Psychology Coach to government and private organizations, NSAs and individuals.
My role as Coach Developer involves curriculum development and supporting coaches. I’m also coaching the national Goalball (a Paralympic Sport for the visually impaired) teams, and helping athletes competing at different sports and levels – from school competitions to the Olympics, improve their mental game.
I often get to share topics related to Process Focused Coaching, Psychology and Inclusion at conferences, and also serve as a consultant to sport teams, schools and companies.
Why this Blog?
One of my main motivations for this blog is to share and discuss with fellow coaches how we can integrate the intentional teaching of resilience and mental skills into our day-to-day coaching practices.
Mental Skills are Life Skills. This will not only help our athletes to practice more effectively and to perform better in sports, but to perform better in the game of life too!
Resilience in Sport and Life…
Coach Developer, Sport & Psychology Coach
Relevant Qualifications & Experience:
- Former Assistant Director for Coaching Development at the Singapore Sport Institute (SSI)
- Bachelor of Arts (Physical Education)
- Bachelor of Science (Psychology)
- Mental Game Coaching Professional (MGCP, USA)
- RP-SSI Certificate in Athlete Life Coaching
- International Council for Coaching Excellence (ICCE) Coach Developer
- International Paralympic Committee (IPC) Coach Educator
- Recipient of the Singapore Disability Sports Coach Award 2019